Being a published author has been my dream for a very long time now. I’m constantly thinking of ways I can make it happen for myself. What works best for me is treating writing as a job. At a different time in my life that was easy to do, I was in between jobs, so I allocated a lot of my personal time to creating. However now that I’m working two jobs, I am determined make time for my writing and protect that time. So I’ve come up with some tips to keep myself on track and I wanted to share them here.
- Make a writing schedule and stick to it
- Get into a writing routine, so it feels natural.
- Find a space,get some tea, write and repeat
- Do some research, take creating seriously whatever your field, especially if you want to pursue it professionally. Look into what a career in your field looks,and learn the necessary steps to make it happen.
- Write Everyday
- Don’t let your ego ruin your art or your career, They’re a difference in being proud of what you have created and being pig headed about it,learn that difference.
- Lastly don’t get too discouraged, the path of an artist is not an easy and t’ easy to discourage especially when there’s no incoming income. Keep your head up.
Let me know in the comments below, how you treat writing as a job.